Granny Flat Builder in Sydney
Unlock the full potential of your backyard.
If you’re looking for a property investment that has potential to increase your income and may maximise the value of your land, then a Champion Homes granny flat built at the same time as your new Champion Home may be the solution for you.
Champion Homes have been designing and building homes in Sydney for over two decades and have a wealth of experience helping home owners get the best value from their property. With Sydney homes rapidly increasing in price, backyards have become prime real estate.
What is a Granny Flat?
A granny flat is a compact, fully self-contained living area that can be either attached or detached to an existing home. Granny flats are usually located to the rear of the main home or along the side, and can have their own backyard section fenced off.
A granny flat will typically contain bedrooms (1-2), a kitchen, a living area, a bathroom and laundry. Because of this, it is suitable for a single person or a couple to live in.
Granny Flat Building Requirements
In New South Wales granny flats are permitted in all residential zones across the state, subject to meeting requirements:
- There is only one house and granny flat per block
- The block is not subdivided
- • The maximum size of the granny flat is 60m², or the maximum area dictated by the relevant Council
- The block size must be greater than 450m2 with a minimum frontage of 12m. Smaller blocks may be permitted, subject to DA approval. Champion Homes can help with determining suitability of your block
- The granny flat meets all standard planning controls such as setbacks and building heights
- The granny flat is built according to the Building Code of Australia.
Benefits to Building a Granny Flat
A granny flat is perfect for those who’d like a separate space for family or would like to create an investment opportunity right in your own backyard.
- Keep your aging parents or grandparents close by for comfort and support
- Ease the strain of your crowded home
- Earn secondary income renting out your granny flat
- Increase your property’s resale value and potential capital gain
Request More Information
We can help you build a dual living home that best suits your needs.
Please note that a Champion Homes granny flat can only be built at the same time as your new Champion Home.